This is where I talk about my life, my wedding, and 24.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

5 Months Later!

It's now been about five months since my last blog post. I'm not quite sure what happened except that it's possible that I began filling the time I used to spend writing blog posts beginning to plan a wedding.
Well, with the new year almost a week old and no other viable New Year's resolutions, I resolve to try to blog more often.
In my last post, I told you about getting engaged. I also pledged to continually update you on the trials and tribulations of planning a wedding. That hasn't quite happened, but there's still plenty of planning before this thing gets done. We've picked a place, saved a date, and, well, that's about it. Still up? A florist, photographer, dresses, invitations, and plenty of other important details I don't currently know.

Some anecdotes and statistics from the last 5 months of planning?

  • We visited 8 different locations and saw the good and the bad in each of them. In order to assist in this difficult decision, we turned to the numbers. I created a complex matrix that weighted different aspects of each location and made clear which choice we needed to make. It was probably the dorkiest exercise I ever took part in.
  • JR has gone dress shopping twice and picked out a couple potential winners. It's unclear whether she'll continue shopping or not. I don't know anything about any of the dresses and I'm not sure I'm supposed to talk about it.
  • Since JR and I got engaged, 7 of our friends got engaged. Including our own, we have 7 weddings between April and November, one that we're not going to on a Monday in Mexico, and one in 2007. This should be interesting.
  • After receiving wedding menus from about 40 different venues, we've determined that scallops wrapped in bacon are, indeed, the most popular wedding appetizer.

    The next several months should be pretty interesting, I'll definitely do a better job keeping you updated on this and the aspects of my life and the lives of others that I find exciting.

    PS: Dancing with the Stars started tonight and though I didn't feel like throwing myself out the window like last year, the new Thursday/Friday schedule makes it unlikely I'll tune in. Watching Master P cha cha should be exciting, though.

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger DevP said...

    Scallops-wrapped-in-bacon seems to be the new hotness. They are delicious.

    5:45 PM

     
    Blogger DevP said...

    Also, I fear the cascading-engagement effect is a universal phenomenon.

    5:45 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home