This is where I talk about my life, my wedding, and 24.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Congress may extend daylight-saving time

I've never been prouder to be from Massachusetts. If only Ed Markey was my representative. In an epic example of how politicians state the utterly obvious while attempting to appear smart, Markey had this to say, "The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use." Oh really, Congressman, thanks, what else can you tell us? "The more time we waste passing kind of dumb laws, the less we actually get done in Congress with the power invested in us by the voting public." [Imaginative quotational extrapolation mine]

I guess it's OK that some of Congress was working on this bill, because in another part of the capital, other members of Congress were trying to tell Apple how to run their business. I don't think Steve Jobs heard them, though, because he didn't show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home